Monday, June 25, 2007

youth, teenagers, courage, life

We just met your teenagers returning from a mission trip in South Texas. After ten hours in vans, they (and especially the adult leaders) looked a little tired to say the least.

Although I don't know all of these young men and women as well as I did when my girls were teenagers, I do know enough to be very grateful for what I see. While they certainly aren't perfect, they certainly have great promise.

Teens can be mercurial and frustrating, but I love their thirst for life. And that thirst gives them a courage that is often missing in their parents. All too often, we adults allow life's disappointments steal our willingness to step out and live the life that God gives us. Sometimes teens step out in bad directions, but I still respect that they are hungry for what life has to offer.

Have you lost your hunger for life? Maybe we can learn something from our kids.

No comments: